Save the date—wedding bells are chiming! BritBox, the subscription service from BBC Studios and ITV, offering the biggest collection of streaming British television, is feting the nuptials of Prince Harry to American actress Meghan Markle in style, with the opportunity to watch ITV’s (UKs biggest commercial channel) broadcast of the wedding celebration LIVE. Hosted by ITV’s own Phillip Schofield and Julie Etchingham, exclusively anchored from a specially constructed studio on the Long Walk in Windsor. ITV has put together a lineup of experts joined by a range of guests including those who know Prince Harry and Megan, as well as friends of the Royal family and live coverage from across the Globe — From St. George’s Chapel and Windsor Castle, to Lesotho in Africa, the home of the charity co-founded by Prince Harry.
The live stream will begin on BritBox at 10:30am BST and will also have time shifted streams for EDT and PDT viewers. In addition to the live rolling coverage, there will be a special hour-long Royal wedding highlights show that will be available soon after the wedding concludes.
BritBox has exclusively commissioned two programs which will have their global premieres in the week leading up to the wedding:
• Meghan & Harry: A Revolutionary Romance narrated by Dame Penelope Wilton (Downton Abbey)
• WEDTalks: The BritBox Wedding Watchers Guide, an exclusive daily countdown to the wedding, hosted by former BBC Royal correspondent and Royal expert, Jennie Bond – providing viewers with an inside look into the couple and wedding preparations as we approach the big day.
This watershed programming event, which kicks-off on May 10 and culminates with Harry and Meghan’s Wedding on May 19, will give fans the opportunity to celebrate in true British style.
“BritBox will be the ultimate destination to enjoy the upcoming nuptials in true British style,” said Soumya Sriraman, President of BritBox. In addition, we’ve curated a special line-up that not only gives viewers a behind-the-scenes look at the wedding, including programming hosted by the ultimate, in-the-know expert, former BBC Royal correspondent Jennie Bond, but also gives fans a well-rounded view of the soon-to-be married couple and the Royal Family.”
BritBox’s Royal Wedding Line-Up Includes:
· Week of May 10 (TBD): Meghan & Harry: A Revolutionary Romance (Original Commission; BritBox Exclusive Global Premiere)-This one-hour BritBox original from BBC Studios and narrated by Penelope Wilton (Downton Abbey) sets the scene for the wedding of the decade, exploring the couple’s wildly different backgrounds, the struggles they have both overcome to assert their identities and the sheer luck that brought them together. The special features a cast of royal experts and those close to the Prince and Princess-to-be and draws on rich and rarely-seen archival material.
· May 12: The BritBox Wedding Watchers Guide (Original Commission; BritBox Exclusive Canada Premiere) – This six-part short form series of five-minute “WED Talks” by leading authority and former BBC Royal Correspondent Jennie Bond gives us a special look behind the curtain of the event and explains the “regal-ese” that makes a royal wedding one of the most extraordinary ceremonies in history. A new episode will debut each day beginning May 12 and counting down to the big day on May 19.
· May 15: Harry at 30 (BritBox Premiere) – This landmark documentary captures Prince Harry before he met Meghan, reflecting on his challenging childhood and adolescence, his heroic army career and development into one of the most admired and recognized royals.
· May 19: Harry & Meghan-The Royal Wedding (BritBox Exclusive Premiere) – BritBox offers an exclusive live feed from ITV’s Royal Wedding coverage from their exclusive studio on the long walk in Windsor, hosted by Phillip Schofield and Julie Etchingham It offers the unique capability of a delayed start, so you can track your day alongside Meghan and Harry’s.
· May 19: The Wedding Day Highlights (BritBox Exclusive Premiere) – Relive all the magical moments in a specially produced highlights program produced by ITV. See the moment the bride’s dress is revealed, the arrivals, the wedding procession, the fashions and of course “The Kiss.”
BritBox brings the best of British dramas, comedies, and nonfiction programming to audiences, with many shows airing within a day of their broadcast across the pond through the SVOD’s Now program. BritBox is now available for $8.99 per month—after an introductory free trial period—on Roku®, Apple TV 4th Gen, all iOS and Android devices, AirPlay, Chromecast, and online at www.BritBox.com. BritBox is also offered as an Amazon Channel available for Prime members on all Amazon Video capable devices and platforms including Amazon Fire TV and tablets, as well online at www.amazon.com/channels/britbox.
BritBox is a digital video subscription service offering the largest collection of British TV in the U.S. and Canada. Created by two British content powerhouses—BBC Studios, the subsidiary arm of the BBC, and ITV, the UK’s biggest commercial broadcaster—the service features iconic favorites, exclusive premieres, and current series and soaps—most available within 24 hours after their UK premier. BritBox also offers expert curation and playlists that enable fans to easily find programs they know and discover new favorite via web, mobile, tablet and connected TV’s. AMC Networks is a minority investor in the service.