The lime juice adds an extra zing to this quick and flavoursome stir fry.
- 750g sirloin or rump steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tablesp. olive oil
- 1 tablesp. cornflour mixed with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g broccoli, chopped
- 100g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 100g mange-tout, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 4cm piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- Juice 2 limes
- 2 teasp. sugar
- 1 tablesp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablesp. soy sauce
Heat a wok until very hot. Add a tablespoon of olive oil.
Coat the beef in the seasoned cornflour and stir-fry, in batches, until crispy. Remove to a dish and keep warm while cooking the vegetables.
Add a little more oil to the wok. Add in the broccoli, mushrooms, mange-tout, red pepper, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
Return the meat to the wok and add in the dressing ingredients. Stir to combine and continue to cook for another minute.
Serve with steamed potatoes or rice.